Since 2007, NGN’s small staff has achieved significant milestones in our mission:
- Found the families of 577 displaced children and reconnected them through facilitated communication.
- Permanently reunited 220 children with their families.
- Worked in collaboration with 22 organizations to ensure meaningful and sustainable reunifications of trafficked children.
- Provided educational scholarships and/or mentoring to 33 ex-trafficked youth.
- Provided training and technical support to 52 separate organizations and human rights activists.
- Provided technical advice and advocacy on orphanage trafficking and voluntourism to the diplomatic community, Government and civil society in Nepal. As a result of NGN’s advocacy work, at least six Embassies in Nepal have changed their travel advice to warn against the risks of orphanage voluntourism.
- Delivered 48 talks and events to spread awareness about the dangers of orphanage voluntourism.
- Protected 124 at-risk children traveling by bus from earthquake-affected areas from being separated from their families.
- Reached over 78,981 families in earthquake-affected areas to warn them about the dangers of trafficking and the importance of family preservation.